Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Library & Pasta

So the name of this post is a little weird and probably caught your attention. I thought I'd post a picture of my outfit (at least the top half, I'm already in sweats!) because I thought it was sorta cute today. But I also thought I looked like a librarian - which I'm not saying is a bad thing haha. As much as I don't like the way I look because I'm not smiling in this picture, you can see the embellishment in my top.




Now for the next part: my dinner! I LOVE chicken & pasta and they are probably the 2 easiest ingredients to work with as well as add anything to. I sauteed onion and mushrooms in a little grape seed oil before adding the chicken. While the water is boiling and chicken sauteing, I brought to a boil about a 1/2 cup milk with 2 tablespoons butter. I then whisked in Wildtree's Alfredo Extraordinaire mix because I didn't have any home made ingredients to put in (i also added a tablespoon of flour to thicken). The chicken should be pretty much done by now so the heat can be turned to low, and pasta al dente. To get my veggies I added frozen sugar snap peas but broccoli, sweet peas, stir fry mix - anything basically would do. Once those are warmed, you can drain pasta and add to chicken and onions. Pour the sauce over, sprinkle with a little fresh Parmesan and presto! Instant dinner that's satisfying and not too high in calories or fat. I used whole wheat mostaccoli rigatti so it would soak up the sauce.



YUM - O in the words of Rachael Ray


The finished project!

Let me just say that it tasted as good as it looks! So easy! If you don't have a healthy Alfredo mix like Wildtree, here is an easy at home sauce that I have made before.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...