Friday, February 25, 2011

Amazing Music

Went to the Joshua Radin concert last night with my friend Madeline and it was amazing! I had never heard of him but when Madeline invited me to go I put him on Pandora and realized he was very similar to bands I already listen to: Death Cab for Cutie, John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Matt Nathanson, etc. Well Joshua Radin is better than all them combined - especially live! There's something about live music that makes you feel alive, like the music speaks to you.

The Pabst theater is a beautiful venue and its great for the acoustic music we heard last night. It was the most calm concert I've ever been to (we sat 80% of the time) and I think that's what made it so great. You could actually sit and listen to the lyrics and hear what the songwriter is saying through the music.

He also had 2 great opening acts: Laura Jansen who I am currently obsessed with & can't wait for her album to come out March 22, and Cary Brothers. Both had very similar music but with their own unique twist.

Here are some links so you can enjoy this fabulous music and discover someone new.

Laura Jansen - Single Girls

Joshua Radin - You Got What I Need & Brand New Day

Cary Brothers - Belong



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...